Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Blonde & red lips



Hi girls! Another - rainy - day, another headache! I have an appointment today with a DO to get my neck and head in check. I'm little bit afraid as it really hurts and I don't want anybody touching I guess I have to go through this pain to feel better afterwards...ugh!

Anyway, enough with the personal complaining : here's a quick post on blonde and red lips. Most of my life I have dreamt about being blonde, don't ask me why. I just love when blondes wear all black outfits or the way red lips look very 'Hitchcok-ey' on them. When I first got blonde, it felt so weird putting on bright lipstick. My favorite lipsticks as a brunette didn't suit me at all as a blonde. It feels so frustrating at times not being able to wear a bright fuchsia without feeling over the top. Every time I put on pink lipstick I feel so weird and not myself. 

When I put red lipstick on for the first time I felt so embarrassed because I thought it looked SO vulgar and off. I wasn't used to it and it took me a while before accepting my new blonde-ness and wearing red lipstick in public. Now I love it, I still find it a bit more 'sexy' than when I was a brunette but if I dress down, it's all good. For instance, I love wearing red lipstick with a pair of jeans, a white tee, a leather jacket and plimsolls. My favorite red lipsticks are : Mac Russian Red, Catrice It's a matt world, Essence long-lasting XXL matt lipgloss and Maybelline 14H  Non-Stop Red.


I'm still not wearing a lot of pink lipstick, so I'm thinking of changing my tone of blonde. Maybe go more 'dark blonde' than 'yellow blonde'. It will also look better with fall outfits. Maybe I'm just not made to be a blonde? Maybe I should go back to brunette? So many questions haha! For now, I really want to keep experimenting with my blonde and have fun. I'm going to make a call to my hair dresser tomorrow to see what she could do to help me transform my blonde into the perfect blonde...for me! 


XO,MARILOU

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love all of your choices and your hair colour! I went blonde once - just like you I always wanted to be blonde, always felt like one, but the minute I dyed my hair I could see it didn't suit me *that* much. ;) I've learnt to like and love it, but growing it was a b*tch and I promised myself that I won't dye my hair until it's grey. ;) But the whole experience was good - I got blonde out of my system and I learnt to really love my natural hair colour. ;) X

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie !
      Haha, yes you had to try the blonde once in your life though :)
      I like you hair color, not too dark it really suits you ! xxx

      Delete
  2. great picks, and you look a lot younger with blond hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Sara. I do feel like I look a bit younger with blonde hair too :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really need to try Essence and Catrice ! these products looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah oui, surtout les lipsticks Catrice :-)

      Delete
  4. Et bien, le rouge ta va très bien :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. quel est le rouge le plus foncé stp? celui qui est à gauche? c'est celui qui te va le mieux et le plus joli

    ReplyDelete