Thursday, September 13, 2012

Catrice lip glow ♥ (dupe Dior lip glow)

I've had my Dior Lip glow color reviver balm for quite a while and it's soon hitting the pan.
I love this kind of lip balm, that gives that natural pink fleshy colour to your lips and nourishes them at the same time. The Dior Lip Glow is, no surprises here, rather on the pricey side. So when I saw that Catrice had launched their own lip glow I bought it without any hesitations. 
The Catrice lipglow was less than 5 euros while the Dior was more than 20!
Bargain. Well it's good to be cheaper but it has to be just as good to be a real dupe!

On the packaging side, they look totally different. Catrice, on the left, has a shiny packaging with some pink writings. Dior on the right, has the girliest packaging out there. Baby pink with a sophisticated way of getting the lipstick out. I like the Dior packaging MUCH better but I think that for the price, the Catrice one is far from being tacky so it's good!

The look of the Catrice lipstick is really different from the Dior one but texture and result wise I feel like they are COMPLETE dupe.  The finish of both products are absolutely similar. Über moisturizing balms with a pink fleshy natural finish on the lips that lasts.


I like that the Catrice lip glow is so funky and bright orange with that jelly transparent finish.


This is a swatch of the Catrice balm. I can tell from using my Dior lip glow for so long that the finish is the exact same one. I would have to say that on the scent side, the Dior one smells slighty better though!


Overall, I LOVE my Catrice balm. It's inexpensive, super moisturizing and perfect for a daily use.
If you're on a low budget and really digging that lip glow look, this product is right up your alley!

XO,MARILOU

9 comments:

  1. this looks and sounds quite nice :) should try it out! but you're right, the dior packaging is to die for *_*

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coucou Marilou,

    Je voulais te demander si c'était possible que tu mettes tes textes aussi en français ??
    bisou

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that sounds so good ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that looks so cool. Love that that it looks like jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello!
    i love your blog, this lipstick looks lovely.
    i would love it if we could follow eachother
    come over to my blog if you would like and i'll follow straight back :) xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. the lipstick looks amazing! Great blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dior Lip Glow has been on my wish list for a while. It's hard to justify the price point! I've never heard of Catrice before, I doubt it's available in canada though :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from Sunglasses Shop if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hâte d'acheter le Catrice lip glow :D

    ReplyDelete