Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I've been obsessed with drugstore foundations lately. I basically want to try them all!
Rimmel Wake Me Up was on my wishlist for quite a while when I decided to take the plunge and purchase it. I have to say, I wouldn't have buy this foundation if I hadn't read loads of great reviews on it. The packaging just isn't attractive. What's with the massive orange cap? It looks hideous.
I have never tried any Rimmel foundation so I was really excited to see what was all the hype about.


I have a super dry skin so I have to avoid any foundation that is too matte otherwise it will make my dry patches pop even more. Yikes. When I read that this foundation was an anti-fatigue effect + radiant glow I really it would be a great match for me. I was really disappointed at the range of colours available. They were only 5 or 6 shades. I had to pick up the "lightest" Ivory 100 one which I think is rather dark for a pale skin girl like me. I wear this foundation when I have fake tan on, then it matches perfectly :)


I really loved the pump. I know this may sounds crazy but this is one of my ultimate pet peeve in the make up world. Why would you not put a pump or your foundations? Just why?


The texture is incredibly thick at first, I thought I would never be able to blend it. It reminded me of the EL Double Wear. Once you blend it, it gives a very natural finish. I don't personally think that it is a very dewy/glowy finish. I would say that it is more of a matte finish but nothing extreme.The coverage is really great, it covers all my freckles (I love them but it gives you an idea of the coverage it provides héhé). I find this foundation to last a decent amount of hours. I would not say that it lasts ALL DAY (only my EL Double Wear does that) but it quite reasonnable for the price.


I'm not sure I would repurchase this as I'm on a hunt for more drugstore foundations. It is a great foundation for a daily basis although the smell bugs me a little, it's on the overpowering side (but it doesn't last all day) Next I want to try the Stay All Day by Maybelline and the L'oréal True Match (as they have a wider range of shades)

This was around 13euros and you can find it in Belgium in every DI AND KRUIDVAT drugstores. (I must admit that the stand looks cleaner at DI)

3 comments:

  1. I second everything you just said haha I normally go for high end foundations but this one truly blew my mind!! I'm really fair myself (NW 15/20 in MAC) but i just apply a little bit of bronzer on my neck to balance everything out :) no fake tan needed ;) Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my wishlist for my next uk swap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing a lot about this foundation, and I think soon I'm going to try it for myself. I also totally agree with what you said about the pump, I hate foundations you have to pour out!
    Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete