Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Essence gel liner in London Baby

After getting some Essence varnishes, I had to go back and check out the make up range. They are so many things and I really didn't know what were the must haves so after a few researches on beauty blogs I went for the gel liner. I've read so many positive reviews about this gel liner, and being a gel liner lover myself, I couldn't miss the opportunity of trying a new one. I'm currently loving the Maybelline gel liner but I wanted to try something new.  The price is just ridiculous, in a good way obviously. It was something around 3-4 euros. At that price, it so tempting getting more products and try everything.


The great thing you get with those gel liners is that they come if four different shades. Black, purple, green forest and dark taupe. I went for London Baby, the shade 02, which is the dark taupe colour. 



The colour is incredibly gorgeous. Filled with tons of tiny glitters, it is as I said a dark taupe.
The glitters kind of remind me of the holographic you see in some nail polishes. Stunning! I had never seen that colour in a gel liner before.

When swatched heavily on the hand, you can really get a close idea of the colour.
The texture is the creamiest texture I have ever came accross in my makeup history. It is really easy to apply but I do find that it could be more opaque as I need to go over with an other coat to make it even.


The gel liner is definitely my favourite formula when it comes to liners. I love the creaminess of the essence gel liner as one they dry they won't move. I mean, truly won't move. I had to wash the back of my hand several times to eventually get rid of it.  The one thing missing is for me that I doesn't work at ALL in the water line like the Maybelline do. Maybe I will venture myself into using this as an eyeshadow as the finish is absolutely gorgeous.

It is available at KRUIDVAT in Brussels. There is a new one opening Chaussée d'Alsemberg not so far from where I love so I'm getting really excited to get my hands on many more essence products really soon. I don't think you can get this brand in the UK or in the USA which is a shame as they have such a wide fun range of products.

What do you think of this gel liner? Did you heard about the brand Essence?

XO, Marilou

6 comments:

  1. I really must try this product. I haven't tried gel eyeliner EVER, but I wear liquid liner every single day, it just makes my eyes look so much better. And at that price, you really can't go wrong ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, i've heard of the brand essence. i have a mineral powder and lip gloss from them, but i have yet to try this gel liner. it looks great, i like the look of it. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning colour, it looks gorgeous! I use the maybelline gel liner at the moment though and love it too much to try something new! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like Essence because it is affordable and has some great products, like this gel liner, the Better than gel nails top coat, the Colour & go nail polishes and the eyeshadow monos. They have some incredibly nice glitter polishes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this liner put my makeup remover to shame as it just wont budge till I've used like 2 makeup removers to remove it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Essence! We have it in the states (Ulta among other places:) I love the quality And prices!

    ReplyDelete