Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On my nails today : School of Hard Rocks

I HAD to get some of the colours from the latest winter collection of Essie now that it is available on a famous drugstore in Brussels! My first pick was School of hard rock. I just couldn't not buy this colour. I own nothing similar and it is the perfect wintery colour...Such a good alternative to a dark purple or a black! 


The colour is a fabulous medley of blue and grey with some green undertones. Totally gorgeous.
It gives that little sophisticated touch to any outfit.

  
This is the first time I get an Essie varnish with their new bottles/new formula/new brushes (which are much wider). I was really impressed with the opacity of this nail varnish. Only two coats were necessary to get an even finish.


This varnish brought me back to the Essie world as I had been a bit disappointed with the opacity lately.
Now I'm so excited about the fact that it is available in Brussels and I want more and more colours!
I have this deep feeling that my Essie family is just gonna grow and grow in a near future!

What do we think ladies ?

XO, Marilou 

5 comments:

  1. I've never actually tried Essie before. I really like this color. I love that it's sort of dark but not entirely. I prefer wearing dark shades on my nails more than bright colors.

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Come and enter!
    In Love With Fashion Giveaway.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I love this colour. I find it hard to find greeny/blues that suit my skin tone but this one looks just right! I may have to venture to get one, happy Christmas to meeee :)

    Neena

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour is so cute!I love it!
    I'm following dear,follow me too if u want to.
    have a nice day,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je reste sceptique à propos d'Essie, lundi je suis restée 15 minutes devant le présentoir et j'ai fini par ne rien prendre, aucune couleur qui m'emballe vraiment... Mais c'est vrai que cette couleur est jolie, j'y jetterai un oeil la prochaine fois.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oups, j'ai pris 6 vernis Essie chez Di l'autre jour :p

    ReplyDelete